Skip to main content

"Keep Pushing"

I don't know who needs to hear this but God wants you to keep pushing.
Keep pushing.
Keep pushing.
God is telling you to "keep pushing, son.  Keep pushing, daughter.  I am with you."

Emotions are powerful, important, and justified.  While we are entitled to feel our emotions, we will not accept defeat.  Our emotions can make us feel defeated, but we're not going to allow defeat to take the victory.

Something may have been working out, but now it's not.  If that's the case, then know that God has something better.  He always does.

"Why me?  Why is this happening to us?  Why isn't this working out?"
Combat those feelings with faith, friend.  This is urgent.  These are not empty words.  I'm not speaking to a specific issue because you are already filling in the blank.  Combat those feelings with faith-you know what it is.  Faith should always go before our feelings.

It's a struggle right now.  But I have confidence that God is working behind the scenes to reveal something better than you could have ever imagined.  Therefore, I encourage you to remain faithful in the unknown in between and patient through the process.  The process is precious because it is preparation for your future.


Let your strong emotions fuel you for whatever big assignment God has for you.  I typically notice that before God makes a prominent move, discouragement feels heavier.  Things don't always go as planned- leaving you feeling defeated in the most important part of the process.  When you get discouraged, do not bow down to the throne of defeat. 

"But Lord, why are you allowing us to go through this?" 
Because you're not like the others.  You're not like your friends.  My plan for you will look different than my plan for them.  I called you to be set apart and to let my grace shine through you.  I know you feel the pressure but I need you to walk through it a little longer.  The things I have ordained are good.  The only work you have to do is to put your faith in the One I sent.  His grace will be sufficient for you.  Keep pushing.

It is through these tough times where God really refines His work.  Let's train our minds to believe that the greatest blessing isn't what we gain in this world, it's what we strive to become through Jesus: to surrender our desperation for control and become who He wants us to become.  The process will be painful with sore hearts and teary eyes, but let this be an encouragement that these moments are fleeting.  This pain is temporary.  God oversees it all and will work through it.  I don't need to assure you this because God already made that personal promise.


2 Corinthians 12:9
1 Peter 2:9
Isaiah 40
Romans 5:3-4


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the Person Having a Hard Time Moving Forward

Just like what the title states; that was me for the longest time.  I messed up countless times.  Repeatedly.  Over and over and over.  Heck, I still mess up like it is my job.  Being that person who seemed to make mistakes left and right, I found it very difficult to move forward with my life.  I had a difficult time trying to forgive myself.  Yeah, yeah I know the "make mistakes, learn from them, build your character" saying.  But to be frank, that didn't minister to me that well.  I mean, I suppose it did but that was only temporary.  Every time I tried to move forward, something would happen that reminded me of the past and I felt that fresh sense of shame as if it happened that day.  Every time I felt like I took a step forward, I was really taking a huge step back.  For my entire life, I have been going back and forth with no real sense of direction.          I thank God for Jesus.  Because of Jesus, no person on this earth can say anything to me to hinder

More than a performance

I think we can all agree that we live in a society that is primarily based around performance. I'm not going to sit here and bash on our performances with day to day tasks.  In fact, I think our performance with getting a job done is very important; in proper context.  Nevertheless, it can get pretty overwhelming.  Personally, I do NOT perform well under pressure.  In fact, the more I focus on trying to get a job done correctly, the more I will rush, the more anxious I will feel, and the more likely I am to mess up. The solution?  Don't focus so hard on performing the task quickly and carelessly.  Just take it one step at a time and focus on getting it done well. This is very straight forward: to a T.  But how do we apply this logic with our walks with Christ?  What about the way we go about spreading the gospel to our coworker or the way we try to show Jesus to a friend who may not know Him yet? I don't know about you, but as a Christian, I used to struggle immens

Quarantine Thoughts: An Opportunity for Compassion

In as little as a few weeks, the entire world fell ill. ~ The person compulsively posting divided opinions on Facebook. The person fed up with Facebook strife. The teenagers walking down the street in a group greater than ten. The man approaching them, infuriated, holding a knife.  The single mom worried about making ends meet. The single mom's child oblivious to her mother's sense of defeat. The grocery store clerk wishing they didn't have to go into work today. The clothing store retail worker wishing they had work and guaranteed pay.  Those health care providers risking their lives to save your loved ones. Someone you love that was with you one minute, is now gone. I think all of us are confused, bored, maybe nervous for the unknown.  Humanity thrives on the idea of having power and control over our own lives.  For the first time for many of us, this virus introduced the depth of our human-vulnerability.  You hear conspiracy theorists conjure up