Skip to main content

Divine unity through division

"Listen to my words, Lord,
consider my lament.
Hear my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray. 
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly.
For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
with you, evil people are not welcome.
The arrogant cannot stand in your presence.
You hate all who do wrong;
you destroy those who tell lies.
The bloodthirsty and deceitful
you, Lord, detest." 
Psalm 5:1-6

I think we can all agree that the garbage happening in our nation, not to mention everything else going on in the world, is an absolute abomination.  It feels as though every morning we wake up to a new story covered regarding some form of hate, division, judgement, and evil.  

As a human, my heart cries for all the brokenness I see everyday.  From children bullying each other to suicide, abuse in what is supposed to be a loving relationship, judging people in need, rallies against other human beings, racism; the list is endless.  

It's so easy to feel hopeless in what seems to be a hopeless world.  Some may say it is naive to even try to have a sense of hope in this hopeless world.  Honestly, it probably is if we didn't have Jesus. 

 I live in this world, I am broken, and I experience some extent of the brokenness everyday.  But I believe in Jesus and I believe in the power of the blood that was poured out on the cross.  

Jesus knew this world was filled with wickedness, evil doings, and a lot of broken people in need of a savior.  That's why He did what He knew He had to do; give His life as ransom so that the people of this world are able to find hope in Him rather than abide in the brokenness until death.  

The truth is God's glory is so much greater than any of the garbage that occurs in this world.  He is against the evil doings and the wicked behavior of those encouraging the division of His children.  He sent His son, Jesus, to be the key to unlock authentic unity.

The world is a fallen world.  It is inevitable.  But the cross had the final word and already defeated wickedness.  

 One person can't save the world.  But the one body of Christ can.  If we stand together and believe in the power of Christ and trust the power of His love and kindness, we will be able to pay that forward.  Love and kindness is contagious and I believe when it is derived from a pure place in our hearts, it can create a ripple effect and touch even the most broken of souls.






"Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings who cannot save.  When their spirits depart, they return to the ground; on that very day, their plans are nothing.  Blessed are those whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord their God." Psalm 146:3-5  

God doesn't care about who you voted for this past election, He doesn't care about the color of your skin, and He doesn't care how much money you make a year.

My question now; if the creator of the universe, heaven, and earth doesn't care, then why should we?

  All of that stuff that sets us apart is just stuff.  All of that stuff people use to set a certain standard is perishable, temporary, and always changing.  But God has been the foundation since the beginning of time.  He never changed.  He has always been just in our unjust world.  He sees everything.  He judges solely by the stance of our hearts.  


Let's be real, every time humanity tried to get it right, we just fell into a deeper pit of tension and offended hearts.  The more we try and rely on our own strength and judgment, the deeper the separation.  Stop focusing on finding a solution when the solution was always there.  

True unity is found through the love of the body of Christ.  True unity is found in Jesus.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To the Person Having a Hard Time Moving Forward

Just like what the title states; that was me for the longest time.  I messed up countless times.  Repeatedly.  Over and over and over.  Heck, I still mess up like it is my job.  Being that person who seemed to make mistakes left and right, I found it very difficult to move forward with my life.  I had a difficult time trying to forgive myself.  Yeah, yeah I know the "make mistakes, learn from them, build your character" saying.  But to be frank, that didn't minister to me that well.  I mean, I suppose it did but that was only temporary.  Every time I tried to move forward, something would happen that reminded me of the past and I felt that fresh sense of shame as if it happened that day.  Every time I felt like I took a step forward, I was really taking a huge step back.  For my entire life, I have been going back and forth with no real sense of direction.          I thank God for Jesus.  Because of Jesus, no person on this earth can say anything to me to hinder

More than a performance

I think we can all agree that we live in a society that is primarily based around performance. I'm not going to sit here and bash on our performances with day to day tasks.  In fact, I think our performance with getting a job done is very important; in proper context.  Nevertheless, it can get pretty overwhelming.  Personally, I do NOT perform well under pressure.  In fact, the more I focus on trying to get a job done correctly, the more I will rush, the more anxious I will feel, and the more likely I am to mess up. The solution?  Don't focus so hard on performing the task quickly and carelessly.  Just take it one step at a time and focus on getting it done well. This is very straight forward: to a T.  But how do we apply this logic with our walks with Christ?  What about the way we go about spreading the gospel to our coworker or the way we try to show Jesus to a friend who may not know Him yet? I don't know about you, but as a Christian, I used to struggle immens

Quarantine Thoughts: An Opportunity for Compassion

In as little as a few weeks, the entire world fell ill. ~ The person compulsively posting divided opinions on Facebook. The person fed up with Facebook strife. The teenagers walking down the street in a group greater than ten. The man approaching them, infuriated, holding a knife.  The single mom worried about making ends meet. The single mom's child oblivious to her mother's sense of defeat. The grocery store clerk wishing they didn't have to go into work today. The clothing store retail worker wishing they had work and guaranteed pay.  Those health care providers risking their lives to save your loved ones. Someone you love that was with you one minute, is now gone. I think all of us are confused, bored, maybe nervous for the unknown.  Humanity thrives on the idea of having power and control over our own lives.  For the first time for many of us, this virus introduced the depth of our human-vulnerability.  You hear conspiracy theorists conjure up